Friday, April 10, 2009

Blood Donation??? O.olll










The day before yesterday I went for blood donation in my college, inside the Student Council Office. It was my first blood donation in my life, i have always wanted to go for blood donation when i was 15 years old and now I finally got to chance to do it. I was so excited and happy when I saw the poster on the notice board when I was waiting for the lift that time. Hehehehe so when i was finally 18 years old i got the chance to donate my blood. I know that mostly people are afraid when they heard about blood donation, although they wanted to donate, when they think about it they starts to have second though but don't know why I'm actually excited about it and eager to donate my blood. I won't deny or renounce that I'm somehow afraid and nervous, I did however the feeling of excitement drown away those feelings, it somewhat covers and engulfes the feeling of frightened and nervous.

The picture above are my blood hahahaha...Oh let me tell you the procedures that i had went through in the whole process and it took about 30 minutes or less than that to finish up the whole thing.
First, I went to register myself and after checking that I don't have bisexual and transexual sex before, no AIDS or HIV and other questions, I went to check what blood type I am, muahahaha finally I can confirm that i'm an O Blood carier. Then I went to have my blood presure checked...fortunately I'm healthy enough not as unhealth as others thought I am!! After that they gave me a red book which is to record the number of times I'm going to have blood donation in the future.

Oh here comes the interesting part. I was told to lie down on one of the sleeping chairs there and then i waited....waiting for the moment to come...my heart was actually pumping quite fast that time...(nervous and afraid yet excited at the same time!!) Then the nurse came back and in her hand there are 2 HUGE needles, the bag to store my blood and other stuff that I don't really know about....Finally it's starting... the nurse bind my arm the way my blood presure was taken, wohohoho my arm could not breath that time and it gradually went numb and i actually saw my fingers turn BLUE!!! And I can't really feel my arms anymore, and my vains start to 'pop' out and it's clearly visible. It was at that time that the nurse injected my vains (not really sure if it's the vains or what >
So that was nearly how blood donation goes through. And after the blood donation I was feeling fine at first but after about half an hour pass i started to feel dizzy and I my arm was really strengthlessness, I don't even have the enerygy to write. Then after doing revision with my classmate,Jesslyn, I went back home and had something to eat as I was starving to death. The dizziness increased and then I went to sleep. 1 hour passed and finally I was awake (due to some disturbance from my housemate, Shin Lan, but it's ok hehehehe) then I went to have something to eat (as I was forced to by QiQi) at last I felt much better and my energy (blood) was restored!!

No comments:

Post a Comment