Saturday, August 1, 2015

Cafe Review: High Frequency (HF), a New Wave of Coffee Culture


20150115_172119

Well, first time visiting this cafe in Brunei. This place is getting it’s wave in for sure in Brunei. Here’s my review over the coffee here, i have not personally tried other foods in this cafe other than their H.F Pan Bun, with asiana and mozzarella flavouring.
Ordered cappuccino, my favourite coffee as of now. Um…sad to say…it’s not coordinated well enough to make it a good coffee. To tell the truth, coffee drinking really depends on each individual. I like my coffee to be 50-50 or 60-40 in the ration of milk over coffee.
Coffee in HF is said to be from Wellington, New Zealand, who have the greatest coffee scenes in the world. However, the cappuccino in HF taste more towards the bitter taste of their brew rather than the perfect mixture (to me personally) of milk and coffee. Thus, covering up the fragrance of coffee upon first drink, as the bitter taste will catch your attention more than the fragrance itself. If you prefer your coffee to have a more sour-ish and bitter taste, then this is the place for your! I have to complement on it’s coffee art though, as compared to the standards in Malaysia, i would say the barista did a fine job here, which surprised me in fact!!
It’s a simple coffee art of love but finely crafted to say the least.
 IMG_1601
Seeeee~~~ i got a cute teddy bear!!! How nice of the barista, sure do have some privileges when you visit late a.k.a closing time ><








As for the menu, there are plenty of choice for you to choose, ranging from dinner, all day breakfast, sandwiches to sides. So you wouldn’t be lacking of choices here. As mentioned earlier we ordered H.F Pan Bun. My god!! It’s a big portion though, with plenty of cheese for cheese lovers. Not overly cheezy but the cheese portion is just right. Their bun is fluffy and filling too. To me it’s garlic bread but in the form and taste of bun. Interesting as i have not tried garlic bun as yet. The top of the bun is baked with cheese too, making it crispy once bitten. I believe you will like the crunchy cheezy texture of it. But this is recommended for 3 pax, i’m not too sure of the appetite of the people here, but for me it definitely is a big portion! But isn’t sharing is caring?? LOL!! so please share and try more of the varieties here.
 20150115_174433
My friend on the other hand, had this Peach Moji Berries Tea. Wowww….it sure smells nice!!! It’s quite a thing to have if you feel like having something sweet yet not sweet…*i know it sounds weird* as sugar can be added freely by yourself to your own sweetness level. =D It’s nice!!
I also have a try on it’s HF breakfast (set for 2) but found that it’s a little too oily for my taste, it’s very filling but as for the taste it’s just..so so i would say. I had also given their mentaiko fries, wow the portion is huge! We and my other two friends could not even finish it up, so if you’re bored of the normal fries or cheezy fries, have a go for it’s mentaiko fries.
20150423_125434
To my surprise, the tiramisu in HP is super duper awesome!!! It’s on the best tiramisu I have had in Brunei. I tried the tiramisu in PicolloIMG_1602, Grazi Mauri but HF is still the best to say the least! I would say it’s the best! It’s not too sweet, as I don’t have a sweet tooth and the smell of espresso mixed in was just so superb! You should definitely give their tiramisu a try if you give here a visit, i bet it’s worth it! *wink wink
  20150423_132304
The other thing that surprised me was the service provided, I could say we are the last customers to be in HP on a Saturday night, while we were packing to go home, the sky just have to rain typhoon on us…=_=llllll The extremely kind waiter offered to show us to our car in his umbrella, it was soooo kind of him!! Felt so grateful~~ Thank you to whoever it was, as I didn’t manage to get his name. LOL!! And thus, my review on some of the recommended cafe in Brunei.

Summary:
Ambiance: 6/10 (it isn’t a good place to take photos as sunlight screening through is way to bright while the interior is dim, thus classes together)
Food: Not gonna rate it this time as yet as i haven’t tried any real food. LOL!
Coffee: 4/10 Improvements is surely needed here for the price paid, i would expect a better coffee served
Price: 5/10 reasonable i guess for a cafe though it’s pricy for the other foods available in Brunei.
Information:
Address: 1st Floor, Unit 5, Blk B Sempurna Complex, Brunei, Brunei
Tel: +6732428262
Operating Hours: Monday to Sunday @ 8am to 10pm
Website: https://www.facebook.com/highfrequencycafe

No comments:

Post a Comment